GS2: International Relations
- With China as backdrop, New Delhi’s Moscow Watch(TH) The evolving global order makes it difficult for them to pursue fully convergent policies; a long-term view is essential
- India and the Abraham Accords(TH) Israeli foray into the Gulf could disrupt the politico-economic architecture India has built with the GCC
- UN and the new multilateralism(IE) In writing the new rules and reshaping the global order, India needs to strengthen its recent turn to a more dynamic coalition building.
GS3: MSP related issues
- MSPs for 6rabi crops fixed,hikes lower than last year(IE) “The increase in MSP for Rabi Crops for marketing season 2021-22 is in line with the principle of fixing the MSPs at a level of at least 1.5 times of the All-India weighted average Cost of Production as announced in Union Budget 2018-19,” the statement said.
- Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill(TH) It protects defaulting companies from insolvency proceedings for at least six months
- SBI raises ₹ 7000 crore through Basel-III bonds Call option means the issuer of the bonds can call back the bonds before the maturity date by paying back the principal amount to investors.
- In labour codes,what changes for workers,hirers(IE) New bills in Parliament propose to revise three labour codes. What are the key changes, and why are some of them being seen as a cause for concern?
- Ocean Services, Modelling, Applications, Resources and Technology (O-SMART) SCHEME of the Ministry of Earth Sciences The objectives of O-SMART (Ocean Services, Modelling, Applications, Resources and Technology) scheme of Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Govt. of India is to generate and regularly update information on Marine Living Resources and their relationship with the physical environment in the Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ),