GS1: Modern History
- "Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (IC), Shri Prahlad Singh Patel attends Commemoration of '77th Year of Formation of Azad Hind Government' at Red Fort, Delhi(PIB)" The Culture Minister congratulated the nation on the proud occasion of 77th anniversary of formation of Azad Hind Government. Speaking on the occasion, he said that the young generation of our country needs to learn from the supreme sacrifice and leadership of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- ECI constitutes committee to examine issues concerning expenditure limits(PIB) Considering the factor of COVID-19, the Ministry of Law & Justice on 19.10.2020 has notified an amendment in Rule 90 of Conduct of Elections Rules, 1961 enhancing the existing expenditure limit by 10%. This increase of 10% will be applicable with immediate effect in ongoing elections.
GS2: Social Justice
- The manacles of caste in sanitation work(TH) Despite laws, workers in the field in India still face stigma and are devoid of essential rights.
- Potholes on the digital payment superhighway(TH) The National Payments Corporation of India must be supported and there has to be a rational structure of pricing.
- Govt. to widen manufacturing PLI plan(TH) Addition of 8 sectors to spur investments; policy for strategic sale of PSEs almost ready, says Bajaj
- Explained: Why the NGT wants a relook at Kaleshwaram project(IE) This project is unique because Telangana will harness water at the confluence of two rivers with Godavari by constructing a barrage at Medigadda in Jayashankar Bhupalpally district and reverse pump the water into the main Godavari River and divert it through lifts and pumps into a huge and complex system of reservoirs, water tunnels, pipelines and canals.
GS3: Science & Technology
- Explained: What is asteroid Bennu, and why is NASA studying it?(IE)Bennu is an asteroid about as tall as the Empire State Building and located at a distance of about 200 million miles away from the Earth.
- India progressing rapidly towards the goal of indigenously made Supercomputers(PIB) India is fast expanding its supercomputer facilities and developing the capacity to manufacture its own supercomputers in the country.The National Super Computing Mission (NSM) is rapidly boosting high power computing in the country through its various phases to meet the increasing computational demands of academia, researchers, MSMEs, and startups in areas like oil exploration, flood prediction as also genomics, and drug discovery.
"Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches eco-friendly , efficient and DME fired “Aditi Urja Sanch” Unit at CSIR-NCL, Pune(PIB)" The launch of this burner will also provide a significant boost to the 'Make in India' campaign as all the manufacturers of cylinders, gas stoves, regulators, and gas hose are domestic. This kind of activity may bridge the gap between demand and supply, and it can ensure energy security for the nation.”