- Labour Bureau gets a brand new identity(Mint) The logo represents three goals that Labour Bureau aims to achieve in producing quality data -- accuracy, validity and reliability
- Indore Creates Record by Winning Title of Cleanest City Fourth Time in A Row(PIB); Alongside, Swachh Survekshan 2021 saw the introduction of a new performance category, the Prerak DAUUR Samman which has a total of five additional sub- categories -Divya (Platinum), Anupam (Gold), Ujjwal (Silver), Udit (Bronze), Aarohi (Aspiring). In addition to the present criteria of evaluating cities on ‘population category’, this new category will categorize cities on the basis of six select indicator wise performance criteria.
GS2: International Relations
- Explained: Why long-time allies Pakistan & Saudi Arabia appear to be drifting apart (IE) MBS, who is looking to invest in India, has taken a realistic view, along with UAE’s crown prince Mohammed bin Zayed. Saudi Arabia is India’s fourth largest trade partner (after China, US and Japan) and a major source of energy: India imports around 18% of its crude oil requirement from the Kingdom. Saudi Arabia is also a major source of LPG for India.
- Kerala readies to host its first dragonfly festival(TH) Joint initiative of WWF-India State unit, Society for Odonate Studies, and Thumbipuranam
- "Explained: Why Anil Ambani faces bankruptcy proceedings(IE) - About personal insolvency" As the NCLT has allowed the appointment of an interim resolution professional (IRP) in the matter, SBI will now approach the IRP will a list of the assets provided by Ambani as a personal guarantee when his companies had sought the loan.
"NHAI launches ‘Harit Path’ a mobile app to monitor plantation along national highways;starts creating user IDs for ROs/PDs/Experts and around 7800 plants geo-tagged so far using App(PIB)" According to an NHAI release, to commemorate 25 years of its service to the nation, it has also recently undertaken ‘Harit Bharat Sankalp’, a nation-wide plantation drive which is in line with its commitment to promote environment protection and sustainability. Under this initiative, NHAI planted over 25 lakh plants in 25 days along the stretches of the National Highways between 21st July to 15th August 2020. The drive takes the total cumulative number of plantations done during the current year to 35.22 lakh.