- The fault line of poor health infrastructure As and when India emerges on the other side of the pandemic, bolstering public care systems has to be the top priority
- Declare Mucormycosis an Epidemic: Center to State It will lead to healthcare facilities screening for it and reporting all such cases to govt, says Health Ministry
GS2: Center-State Relations
- Circumvention The Centre has a duty not to bypass political leadership in dealing with States
GS2: Role of Civil Services in a Democracy
- The outdated nature of bureaucracy The public sector, private players and civil society should all work together for public service delivery
GS2: International Relations
- The story of Indian diplomacy in Africa With its historical, political, economic and people-to-people ties, India is welcomed by African countries in a way that China is not. But New Delhi needs to do much more
- China completes Tibet Highway Construction is part of a wider infrastructure push in border areas in Tibet
- Explained: Why it makes sense to invest in sovereign gold bonds Sovereign gold bonds (SGBs): The RBI has announced a plan to sell sovereign gold bonds (SGBs) in six phases until September 3. Why should an investor buy gold bonds rather than physical gold?
GS3: Science and Technology
- Theory by Indian Scientists to shed light on mystery behind complex phenomena in Plasma-- the fourth state of matter Indian Scientists have recently developed a theory that helps understand the complicated nature of Sun-Earth interaction's happening in the magnetosphere-- an area of space around Earth that is controlled by the Earth’s magnetic field. This new theory has opened up a plethora of opportunities to unlock the mysteries of the ion-hole structures (a localized plasma region where the ion density is lower than the surrounding plasma). They are now working towards a detailed study of the ion hole structures observed in various space and astrophysical environments using the developed theory.
- Honey Testing Laboratory project on World bee day On the occasion of World Bee Day and in the auspicious context of the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched the project of setting up of a honey testing laboratory at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Pusa, New Delhi.
- World Largest Iceberg breakoff from Antarctica, says ESA Scientists say A-76’s dislodging appears to be a natural cycle