- PM bows to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji on his Parkash Purab (PIB) In a series of tweets, the Prime Minister said, "I bow to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji on the pious occasion of his Parkash Purab. His was a life devoted to creating a just and inclusive society. He was unwavering when it came to upholding his principles. We also recall his courage and sacrifices.
- Supreme Court dismisses Aadhaar review petitions (TH) Justice Chandrachud dissents with majority, saying review pleas should be kept pending
- Karnataka tops in innovation, shows index (TH) Karnataka retained its leadership position in the major States category in the second edition of India Innovation Index released by NITI Aayog.
- SC upholds IBC’s Section 32A: Why is it important, what are the implications? (IE) In its judgment, the apex court, while upholding the validity of Section 32 A of IBC, said it was important for the IBC to attract bidders who would offer reasonable and fair value for the corporate debtor to ensure the timely completion of corporate insolvency resolution process (CIRP).
- "NITI Aayog Releases Report on Faecal Sludge and Septage Management in Urban Areas: Service and Business Models (PIB)" ‘Due to concerted efforts under Swachh Bharat Mission, more than 7 million toilets have been constructed in urban areas and several transformative initiatives have been implemented, thus enabling India to leapfrog in the sanitation sector like never before,’
- Infectious diseases bigger global threat than climate change: World Economic Forum report (DTE) The last time the category was named the top global risk in terms of impact was in 2006. Infectious diseases pose the biggest livelihood and economic threat as witnessed during the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, according to the Global Risks Report, 2021 released virtually by WEF on January 19.
Disaster Management: GS3
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) celebrated its 16th Foundation Day today (PIB) It is a result of the efficient working of this Force that loss of life and property due to various disasters in the past years has been brought to a minimum level. He added that realizing the vision of women empowerment, the NDRF also included women who were playing an important role in every disaster, shoulder to shoulder with male colleagues.