GS2: Fundamental Rights
- Faith and marriage Dubious legislation cannot be allowed to criminalise inter-faith marriages
- Arrest is not always a must, says Supreme Court ‘If arrest is made routine, it can cause incalculable harm to the reputation and self-esteem of a person...’
GS2: Effect of Policies & Politics of Developed & Developing Countries on India's Interests
- Reboot to reset With Indo-U.S. trade deal off, it is time India reorients its global economic engagement
- The fall of Kabul, the future of regional geopolitics The post-American power vacuum in the region will aid China and shape India’s strategic choices and behaviour
GS2: Social Justice
- Elopements most prosecuted under child marriage law: study Parents access the legal system most to protect family honour
GS3: Indian Economy
- RBI, IRDAI nod must for FDI in bank-led insurance Applications for foreign direct investment in an insurance company promoted by a private bank would be cleared by the RBI and IRDAI to ensure that the 74% limit of overseas investment is not breached.
- MPC’s Varma flags risks of policy stance Positing COVID may linger ‘for 3-5 years’, he says ‘keeping policy accommodative for long is difficult’
GS3: Science and Technology
- Zycov-D, India’s first COVID-19 vaccine for those above 12, gets nod Drug Controller General grants emergency approval to the Zycov-D, a COVID-19 vaccine developed by Zydus Cadilla.
GS1: Modern History
- Explained: Why the Malabar rebellion of 1921 still courts controversy Friday, August 20, marks the centenary of the Malabar rebellion, which is also known as the Moplah (Muslim) riots. It had been an uprising of Muslim tenants against British rulers and local Hindu landlords.
GS2: Indian and neighbourhood relations
- Jaishankar’s words on uniting against terror point to growing challenge vis-a-vis Pakistan, and in region Jaishankar's strong words for a united stand against terrorism contained veiled references against both Pakistan and China — the latter has blocked the designation of Pakistan-based terrorist groups in the past.
GS2: Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- How are Rajya Sabha members punished for misconduct in the House? P D T Achary writes: The Rules of the House do not empower Parliament to inflict any punishment on its members other than suspension for creating disorder in the House.
GS2: Government Policies and Interventions for Development in various sectors and Issues arising out of their Design and Implementation.
- How to support India’s traditional crafts — and how not to : If craftspeople’s work, creativity are to be sustained, designers like Sabyasachi Mukherjee must use their influence more responsibly.
GS1: Art and Culture
- Prime Minister inaugurates and lays foundation stone of multiple projects in Somnath The project “Development of Pilgrimage Amenities at Somnath, Gujarat under PRASHAD Scheme” was approved by the Ministry of Tourism with the cost of Rs. 45.36 crores in March 2017.
GS3: Science and Technology
- DBT-BIRAC supported ZyCoV-D developed by Zydus Cadila Receives Emergency Use Authorization Zydus Cadila has received approval for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for ZyCoV-D today i.e 20/08/2021, the world’s first and India’s indigenously developed DNA based vaccine for COVID-19 to be administered in humans including Children and adults 12 years and above.