- Government tables Bill to amend Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act The Centre is set to amend the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act and proposes to make Aadhaar a mandatory identification document for all the office-bearers, directors and other key functionaries of an NGO or an association eligible to receive foreign donations.
- Rajya Sabha passes two farm Bills amid fierce protests(TH) Government should send them to the Select Committee for scrutiny, say Opposition parties.
- Select Committees and other parliamentary panels:role, limitations(IE) Parliament scrutinises legislative proposals (Bills) in two ways. The first is by discussing it on the floor of the two Houses. This is a legislative requirement; all Bills have to be taken up for debate.
- Make ethics code must for all news channels, NBA tells SC(TH) News Broadcasters Association responds to court order on better self-regulation
- World Bank seeks ‘universal eligibility’(TH) In a blow to ‘Make in India’, its $1 billion loan to curb pandemic sets the condition
- Self-reliance for self-esteem(IE)The COVID-related pressures and the unfortunate border tensions with its largest import partner, China, present a rare opportunity for India to reinvent itself, economically.
- DoT unlikely to agree on lower licence fee recommended by Trai,alter AGR definition(IE) The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) is unlikely to accept the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) recommendations on lowering the licence fee of telcos from 8 per cent to 6, according to sources in know of the development.
GS3: Agriculture marketing issues
- Making sense of the farm Bills(IE) On paper, what the first one attempts to do is allow farmers to sell their produce at places other than the APMC-regulated mandis. It is crucial to note that the idea is not to shut down APMCs but to expand a farmer’s choices. So, if a farmer believes a better deal is possible with some other private buyer then he can take that option instead of selling in the APMC mandi.
- How California has become Ground Zero for climate disasters inUS(IE) Precipitation patterns are becoming more extreme: The dry years are becoming drier, forcing cities and farmers to deplete their underground aquifers
- Medical waste management during COVID-19 pandemic Public Health’ being a State subject, information relating to increase in COVID-19 cases among individuals employed in garbage collection and disposal, due to mismanagement in disposal of bio-medical waste including PPE kit etc., is not centrally maintained.
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on rural healthcare To address the healthcare challenges, particularly in rural areas, the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) was launched in 2005 to supplement the efforts of the State/UT governments to provide accessible, affordable and quality healthcare to all those who access public health facilities. Currently, NRHM is a sub-mission of National Health Mission (NHM).