GS1: Social Issues
- The marriage age misconception(TH) Addressing poverty is the key to improving the health and nutritional status of mothers and their infants
- Technology as an enabler(TH) An autonomous body called National Educational Technology Forum (NETF) will be entrusted with the task of advising institutions on use of technology, capacity building, providing directions for research and innovation and creating avenues for exchange of ideas.
- Indore Creates Record by Winning Title of Cleanest City Fourth Time in A Row(PIB); the Ministry had also introduced Swachh Survekshan League last year, a quarterly cleanliness assessment of cities and towns done in three quarters with 25% weightage integrated into the final Swachh Survekshan results for this year.
- ‘Private firms employ more women in R&D’(TH) Study says they perform better than government-funded major scientific agencies in doing so
GS2: International Relations
- Explained: China twist in Teesta challenge(IE) For India, Bangladesh has been a key partner in the neighbourhood first policy — and possibly the success story in bilateral ties among its neighbours.
- Explained: How the online pharmacy space is regulated in India(IE) Currently, companies in the Indian e-pharmacy space mainly operate three business models — marketplace, inventory-led hybrid (offline/online) and franchise-led hybrid (offline/online) — depending on the way the supply chain is structured. In addition to companies like Netmeds, Medlife and PharmEasy, other players in the segment include online healthcare startups such as 1mg, Practo, Myra as well as traditional chemists such as Apollo Pharmacy.
- A new social contract(IE) Over 85 per cent of employment in India is in the informal sector. An unplanned national lockdown halted economic activity and wiped out livelihoods, especially of informal workers.
- "DST encourages translational research on Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage (CCUS) (PIB)" ACT is seeking innovative projects that range from smaller research projects to new or already existing pilot and demonstration facility sites. New pilot and demonstration facilities should have potential for upscaling to industrial size either in a demo phase or early commercial phase.
"Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Ministry of Rural Development Sign a Joint Communication to Promote Sustainable Livelihood Opportunities Among Tribal Women SHGs in Rural India(PIB)" The DeendayalAntyodayaYojana- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development has built an extensive network of women-led Self-Help Groups (SHGs) in India, including 8.9 lakh ST SHGs.