GS1: Freedom movement
- "Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2019 passed by the Parliament (PIB) It seeks to make apolitical the trust that runs Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial by removing the clause pertaining to the President of INC as a permanent member of the trust.
GS2: Social issues
- Jansankhya Sthirata Kosh (PIB) The Government of India had set up a National Population Stabilization Fund (NPSF) in the year 2004-05 with a one-time grant of Rs.100 crore in the form of a corpus fund.
- Over 1,600 died in road accidents in 2018 (TH) Road accidents in the Capital are on the decline but fatal accidents are at their worst compared to the last five years,
- Just 2 of 13 flights functional, Udaan crash-lands in NE (ToI) The Centre’s ambitious Udaan scheme, meant to let common peo ..
- "SC has always upheld and strengthened secularism, but its Ayodhya ruling is problematic on that score (IE) The Supreme Court decision leaves one with an impression that even if the majority community takes the law into its hands and destroys and damages a place of worship of any minority community, it can be rewarded, and the state can just wither away!
- God is not a juristic person, but idol is, says apex court in Ayodhya case (ToI)" God or ‘Supreme Being’ may be omnipresent, omniscient and om ..
GS2: International Relations
- A lost opportunity in 1971 (TH) Indira Gandhi failed to convert India’s victory in the 1971 war into a durable peace with Pakistan
- Explained: What change in US policy on Israeli settlements in West Bank means (IE)" The West Bank, a patch of land about one and a half times the size of Goa, was captured by Jordan after the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. Israel snatched it back during the Six Day War of 1967, and has occupied it ever since.
- Scrappage policy hits another roadblock after NITI flags issues (Mint) India’s long-delayed attempt to frame a vehicle scrappage policy has hit another roadblock.
- "Technology firms at a crossroads as nations look to widen tax net (Mint) It is trapped between nations that get a lot of foreign aid and the ones with strong tax collections
- OECD’s new report leaves fresh questions on taxing digital biz (MINT) OECD to develop a consensus-based solution to align international tax laws to the fast-changing business models through revised profit allocation and revised nexus rules