GS1: Art and Culture
- 6 UNESCO heritage sites added in India India's entries included the Maratha military architecture in Maharashtra
- Interpretations which impede a just social order The Maratha reservation case also shows that divesting States of the power to determine backwardness hits federalism
GS2: Social issues
- A collage of laws that leaves the worker out in the cold The universalisation of social security remains an unfulfilled aspiration in the new code on social security
- Exports of GI certified Gholvad Sapota (chikoo)for Maharashtra to UK begins The universalisation of social security remains an unfulfilled aspiration in the new code on social security
- E-way bills integrated with FASTag, RFID Under the goods and services tax (GST) regime, e-way bills have been made mandatory for inter-state transportation of goods valued over Rs 50,000 from April 2018. However, gold is exempted.
GS3: Agriculture subsidies
- Centre raises subsidy on DAP fertilizers; no hike for farmers The higher subsidy will allow fertiliser companies to sell DAP at the old rate of Rs 1,200 against the new price of Rs 1,900 per bag that was applicable from April 1, 2021.
- FinMin grants ‘infrastructure’ status for convention centres Tag to ease bank financing for such projects