- ‘State resolutions on Central laws are fine’ The Supreme Court on Friday prima facie found no harm in State Legislative Assemblies, such as those in Kerala and West Bengal, passing resolutions against Central laws like the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act or the controversial new farm laws.
- A booster shot for India’s vaccination plan The country is making good progress in its COVID-19 vaccination efforts, but there are still many gaps to cover.
GS2: Social sector issues
- COVID may have doubled poverty in India India’s middle class may have shrunk by a third due to 2020’s pandemic-driven recession, while the number of poor people — earning less than ₹150 per day — more than doubled, according to an analysis by the Pew Research Center. In a comparison, Chinese incomes remained relatively unshaken, with just a 2% drop in the middle class population, it found.
- Auto firms see scrappage policy boosting sectorAuto majors have welcomed the new vehicle scrappage policy saying it would encourage people to replace old vehicles while boosting the sector.
- LS passes MMDR amendment Bill The Bill amends the MMDR Act, 1957, that provides a framework for the regulation of the mining sector in India.