Modern History: GS1
- Netaji’s birth anniversary to be celebrated as ‘Parakram Divas’(TH) The Union Culture Ministry on Tuesday announced that January 23, birth anniversary of Subhas Chandra Bose, would be celebrated as “Parakram Diwas”
- Budget session to have Question Hour (TH) Question Hour, which had been suspended by the government during the monsoon session, will resume when Parliament meets for the budget session
- HM, Shri Amit Shah to chair the 69th Plenary Session of North Eastern Council (PIB) During the two-day session there will be presentations from Ministry of DoNER, NEC, the State Governments as well as selected Central Ministries on various developmental initiatives and future plans for the North East Region.
Polity: Women rights GS2
- Task force on marriage age submits report to PMO (TH) The task force set up to take a re-look at the age of marriage for women has submitted its report to the Prime Minister’s Office
International Relations: GS2
- India-Nepal relations in a new transition (TH) New Delhi is comfortable with some changes as its Nepal policy is heading towards deeper engagement with all sections
- NITI Aayog to Launch Second Edition of India Innovation Index 2020 (PIB) The India Innovation Index 2020 seeks to rank the states and union territories based on their relative performance of supporting innovation, and to empower them to improve their innovation polices by highlighting their strengths and weaknesses. The ranking methodology is designed in a way that states can draw lessons from the national leaders in innovation. Hopefully, this will lead to a healthy competition among the states and union territories, thereby fostering competitive federalism.
- "First India-EU IPR dialogue held to strengthen relation and facilitate enhanced cooperation in the field of Intellectual Property Rights (PIB) The India Co-Chair provided an overview of various IPR developments, with an aim to meet the objectives set forth in the National IPR policy 2016. He also reiterated importance of legislative reforms brought in by India to stimulate innovation and creativity among start-ups and MSMEs. Various initiatives taken up by the Indian government in this context were appreciated by EU representatives. The EU Co-Chair provided brief overview of DG trade and the various activities being undertaken by them including IPRs in relation to Free Trade Agreements as well as effective enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights.
"Internal Security: Defence": GS3
- Curtain Raiser: Indo-French Exercise Desert Knight-21 (PIB) Indian Air Force and French Air and Space Force (Armée de l'Air et de l'Espace) will conduct a bilateral Air exercise, Ex Desert Knight-21 at Air Force Station Jodhpur from 20 to 24 Jan 21.