Modern History: GS1
- "Explained: What is Saka Nankana Sahib, and why it matters in Sikh history (IE) The centenary of Sri Nankana Sahib massacre, which is popularly known as Saka Nankana Sahib, is being marked in an event there on February 21 this year. A look at the event, and its importance in Sikh as well as Indian history.
- "Explained: In Australia vs Facebook, issues affecting media everywhere (IE) Morrison has launched a global diplomatic offensive to drum up support for Australia’s proposed law to force Internet giants Facebook and Google to pay media companies for the news content that is published on their platforms. He is learnt to have reached out to Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as well.
Polity: Health GS2
- "Focus on Universal Immunization: Dr Harsh Vardhan launches Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0 (PIB)" Every year the Universal Immunization Programme caters to the vaccination needs of 2.65 crore children and 2.9 crore pregnant women against 12 Vaccine Preventable Diseases. Despite these efforts by all the States and UTs, some children and pregnant women get missed out from this network.
- ‘New PSE policy envisages at most 4-strategic sector firms (TH) The new public sector enterprises policy envisages that the strategic sectors have limited number of players restricting it to maximum four public sector
- "Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi attends valedictory function of India-Australia Circular Economy (I-ACE) Hackathon, 2021 virtually (PIB)" “The IACE Circular Economy Hackathon is a splendid example of innovation collaboration between India and Australia resulting from the commitments of Honourable Prime Ministers of Australia and India for responsible production and consumption in the virtual summit last year. Atal Innovation Mission is proud to have partnered with the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization of Australia in the launch and execution of the same resulting in some incredibly exciting ideas / innovations from the student and startup community of both the nations. The finalists will be supported by AIM network to enable the realisation of their ideas in the marketplace.”
Science & Technology: GS3
- Guinea Ebola outbreak risk ‘very high’, warns WHO (DTE) The WHO said the Nzérékoré region shares borders with Sierra Leone and Liberia, where Ebola outbreaks have occurred previously. Despite some movement restrictions across official border-crossings due to the ongoing novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, a significant proportion of cross-border movement continues to take place.