- Ministry of Tourism organises webinar on “Khajuraho – Temples of Architectural Splendour” under Dekho Apna Desh(PIB) The Ministry of Tourism’s Dekho Apna Desh Webinar series held its 85th webinar titled “Khajuraho-Temples of Architectural Splendour”on17th April 2021. India a land resounds with the riches and glories of opulent dynasties, powerful rulers, flourishing civilisations, and profound history.
- Vaccines for all above 18 from May 1; States can buy directly(TH) Second dose for priority groups -- healthcare and frontline workers, population above 45 years -- wherever it is due will get priority
GS2: International Relations
- India and Russia look for a reset(TH) By steering clear of alliances and retaining autonomy of policy, India can maximise its global influence
- RBI sets up committee to review working of ARCs(TH) The RBI on Monday set up a committee to undertake a comprehensive review of the working of asset reconstruction companies (ARCs) in the financial sector
GS3: Science and Technology
- NASA Mars helicopter makes first flight on another planetA key objective for Perseverance’s mission on Mars is astrobiology, including the search for signs of ancient microbial life. The rover will characterize the planet’s geology and past climate, pave the way for human exploration of the Red Planet, and be the first mission to collect and cache Martian rock and regolith (broken rock and dust).
- Protecting children in the age of AI(TH) heir rights, privacy, and well-being must be protected in digital environments just as they are in the physical world
- INAS 323 commissioned at Goa(PIB) Indian Naval Air Squadron (INAS) 323, the first unit of the indigenously built ALH Mk III aircraft, was commissioned into the Indian Navy in the presence of Hon’ble Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Shripad Naik and Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Western Naval Command, at INS Hansa, Goa on 19 Apr 21. Addressing the gathering, Hon’ble Raksha Rajya Mantri said that the commissioning of INAS 323 marked yet another milestone in the efforts towards enhancing maritime security and safeguarding maritime interests of the nation, as also embodying the spirit of Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- A huge, costly mistake(TH) The Ken-Betwa project will take a tremendous toll on the ecosystem, and its benefits are not certain