- The gross abuse of the Manipur mandate(TH); Revolving door(TH) -The politics in the State is a fine example of the law being made a subordinate function of power
- Scheme of Special Micro-Credit Facility launched for Street Vendors - Striving towards Atmanirbhar Bharat(PIB) It is pertinent to mention that PM SVANidhi was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairshad, on June 01, 2020for providing affordable Working Capital loan to street vendors to resume their livelihoodsthat have been adversely affected due to Covid-19 lockdown.This scheme targets to benefit over 50 lakh Street Vendors. Under the Scheme, the vendors can avail a working capital loan of up to Rs. 10,000, which is repayable in monthly instalments in the tenure of one year.
GS2: International Relations
- Russia begins discreet moves to defuse India-China tension(TH) Good relations between India and China are central to the rise of Eurasia and the emergence of a multipolar world order, which is not dominated by a single pole,
- India attends FATF group meet online(TH) The EAG is a regional body comprising nine countries: India, Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Belarus. It is an associate member of the FATF.
- IAEA passes critical resolution against Iran UN’s nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has approved the resolution calling out Iran for ‘full corporation’ and ‘implementation’ of protocols under Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons ‘without further delay’.
- Explained: Why China trade ban is bad idea(IE) he outrage over the killing of Indian soldiers has led to calls for banning trade with China. However, India would stand to lose more than China if trade were to be banned.
GS3: Science & Technology
- Need to create more awareness in rural/ tribal areas about Sickle Cell disease and its management
- Shri Pralhad Joshi launches R&D Portal for AatmaNirbhar Bharat in Mining Advancement(PIB) SATYABHAMA Portal allows online submission of project proposals along with monitoring of the projects and utilization of funds / grants. The researchers can also submit progress reports and Final Technical Reports of the projects in the electronic format in the portal. A User Manual is also available on the Portal where the stepwise procedures for submission of project proposals have been highlighted. The Portal is integrated with NGO Darpan Portal of NITI Aayog.