- Maharashtra Legislative Council elections to be held on May 21(TH) - CM Uddhav Thackeray, who did not contest 2019 Assembly polls, has a May 27 deadline to become member of legislature in order to retain his post.
- All service matters of Central Government and UT employees of J&K and Ladakh will be heard and disposed off in CAT bench in J&K itself.(PIB) In the wake of the news reports appeared in a section of media that “GoI shifts all service matters of employees of J&K and Ladakh UTs to Chandigarh CAT", it is clarified that neither the petitioner nor the lawyer need to go to Chandigarh for filling petition for appearing before the tribunalrelated to service matters of employees.
GS2: Govt Policies and Interventions
- U.P., Bihar migrants can get rations in other States too(TH) The two States join One Nation One Ration Card scheme that now integrates a total of 17 States, U.T.s
- One Nation One Ration Card Scheme The Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri RamVilas Paswanapproved the integration of 5 States and Union Territories, - Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu - with the National Cluster under the “One Nation One Ration Card” plan.
- Govt Clears ""Roadblock"" To Fast-Track PMEGP Projects; KVIC To Ensure Swift Execution(PIB)" As of now, the proposals were scrutinized by the DLTFC, that often led to inordinate delays in sanctioning of the projects.
- It’s about food, nutrition and livelihood security(TH) Farmers’ cooperation, technological upgrading and favourable public policies can help India deal with the pandemic
- Environment Ministry gives nod for new Parliament project(TH) - To address the unprecedented situation arising from the global outbreak of COVID-19, and to ramp up availability or production of various drugs, the Ministry of Environment,Forest and Climate Change has made an amendment to EIA Notification 2006.
- Ominous contraction(TH) Steepest fall in core sector output in at least 8 years portends protracted economic pain
- Gold ETFs see inflows, jewellery takes a hit(TH) Gold-backed ETFs attracting huge inflows due to pandemic
- Kashmir saffron gets GI tag(TH) Kashmir saffron, which is cultivated and harvested in the Karewa (highlands) of Jammu and Kashmir, has been given the Geographical Indication (GI) tag
- Fear, hope and central bank(IE) The RBI must remember three things — acting prudently to balance the next quarter and quarter century, acting flexibly to blunt this economic cataclysm, and acting within their mandate to ensure institutional legitimacy and immunity.
- India at 53rd position in budget transparency, accountability: IBP survey(BS) India has been placed at 53rd position among 117 nations in terms of budget transparency and accountability, according to Open Budget Survey released on Wednesday.
GS3: Science & Tech
- "Kisan Sabha App to Connect Farmers to Supply Chain and Freight Transportation Management System Launched by CSIR(PIB)" In present situation of COVID 19, farmers are looking for help in their harvest reaching the market, seed/ fertilizer procurement, etc. A robust supply chain management is urgently required to facilitate the timely delivery of the produce at the best possible prices.
- India’s R&D expenditure & scientific publications on the rise(PIB) India’s gross expenditure in R&D has tripled between 2008 & 2018 driven mainly by Govt sector and scientific publications have risen placing the country internationally among the top few.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan reviews preparedness for AES in Bihar through Video Conferencing(PIB) The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare would provide full support and handholding to the State Government through National Health Mission (NHM) for health systems strengthening.