- Explained: How big is the cyclonic threat on the west coast?(IE) Cyclones formed in the Bay of Bengal side of the north Indian Ocean are more frequent and stonger than those on the Arabian Sea side. Meteorologists suggest the relatively cold waters of the Arabian Sea discourage the kind of very strong cyclones that are formed on the Bay of Bengal side; Odisha and Andhra Pradesh face the brunt of these cyclones every year.
- Judging wisely in tough times(IE) With the decline of purity in politics and the onset of corruption and inefficiency in public services, the judiciary has been emboldened into assuming more and more power over the legislature and executive.
GS2: International Relations
- India, China and fortifying the Africa outreach(TH) Burnishing their credentials as humanitarian champions is the name of the game, but their approaches differ
- Explained: What is Antifa, the group that Trump wants to declare a terrorist organisation(IE) Antifa members typically dress in black and often wear a mask at their demonstrations, and follow far-left ideologies such as anti-capitalism. They take up causes such as LGBTQ and indigenous rights. What makes them stand out is the violence.
- "Explained: Restarting international air travel; the concept of ‘air bridges’ and ‘bubbles’(IE)" A number of countries within Europe have announced opening up of borders for intra-Europe travel June 15 onwards, which will enable air travel including for leisure purposes.
- Why Moody’s downgraded India(IE): “The negative outlook reflects dominant, mutually-reinforcing, downside risks from deeper stresses in the economy and financial system that could lead to a more severe and prolonged erosion in fiscal strength than Moody’s currently projects”.
- Cabinet approves Upward revision of MSME definition and modalities In the package announcement, the definition of micro manufacturing and services unit was increased to Rs. 1 crore of investment and Rs. 5 crore of turnover.
- Road map for implementing remaining two Packages for MSMEs (a)Rs 20000 crore package for Distressed MSMEs and (b) Rs 50,000 crore equity infusion through Fund of Funds (PIB) With today's approval, implementation Modalities and Road Map for entire components of the Atmnirbhar Bharat Abhiyan package are in place. This will help in attracting investments and creating more jobs in the MSME sector.
- PM Modi Launches CHAMPIONS: Technology Platform to empower MSMEs (PIB)" As part of the system a network of control rooms is created in a Hub & Spoke Model.
- Finance Commission holds meeting with the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change onIssues Related to Air Quality in Urban Areas and(PIB)
- "Agroecology and Natural Farming Could Accelerate Inclusive Economic Growth in India(PIB)" Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana launched in 2015 to promote organic farming among small and marginal farmers has in the last four years covered 7 lakh hectares and 8 lakh farmers.
Kisan Credit Cards (KCC) campaign launched for 1.5 crore dairy farmers(PIB) As, dairy is among the fastest growing sectors of the economy with a CAGR of above 6% in the last 5 years, providing short term credit to dairy farmers for meeting their requirements for working capital, marketing etc. will boost their productivity tremendously.