GS1: Indian History
- Nation commemorating 400th Parkash Purab of Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur ji(PIB) Born in Amritsar, Punjab, in 1621, Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur ji was the youngest son of Guru Hargobind Sahib, the sixth Sikh guru. Considered a principled and fearless warrior, he was a spiritual scholar and poet whose 115 hymns are included in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.
- Amid vaccine shortage, States put off rollout for 18-45 group(TH) Chief Ministers flag uncertain supplies.
GS2: International Relations
- Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan seek to ease cross-border tensions(TH) A ceasefire on the border between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan largely held on Friday following a day of intense fighting between the two ex-Soviet nations.
- The rising sun in India-Japan relations(TH) New Delhi should be confident that Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga is willing to accord primacy to bilateral ties
- March core sector sees rebound on base effect(TH) The eight core sectors grew by 6.8% in March 2021, after a 3.8% dip in February, but the spike was largely due to the base effects from March 2020
GS3: Disaster Management
- Armed forces get powers for relief work(TH) Rajnath grants emergency financial powers to armed forces to speed up efforts to tide over COVID-19 crisis
GS3: Science and Tech
- Exemption for oxygen concentrator imports(TH) The exemption for oxygen concentrators is allowed only for a period till July 31, 2021, for personal use, according to a notification of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).