- It’s time to define limits of sedition: SC Court protects 2 Telugu channels from any coercive action by Andhra govt for their reportage of COVID-19
GS2: Health issues
- SC flags digital divide in vaccine access Highlighting "digital divide" between rural and urban India, the Supreme Court Monday posed searching queries to the Centre on mandatory registration on CoWIN for COVID jabs, vaccine procurement policy and differential pricing, saying the policymakers "must-have ears on ground" to effectively deal with the "unprecedented" crisis.
GS2: Initiatives for vulnerable sections
- Explained: What are the benefits under pension schemes for Covid-hit families? The pension coverage under the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) scheme has been extended to all registered dependents of those who have died due to Covid-19.
GS2: India and neighbours
- How Pakistan played the world In the 1950s, the country’s prospects seemed much better than many nations in East Asia and the Middle East. By neglecting economic development, letting magnificent obsessions cloud common sense, and privileging feudal and pre-modern ideologies, Pakistan has fallen rapidly behind its peers.
GS3: Challenges to internal security through communication networks
- Ending encryption Enforcing traceability on popular messaging apps will encroach into user privacy
- Power play to bring the digital ecosystem to heel While there are problems in the system, ill-considered regulation such as the new IT Rules is not the way forward
- GDP fall, in perspective Government estimates released on Monday show that India’s GDP contracted by 7.3% in 2020-21. While the pandemic has hit growth in countries across the world, several trends over the last decade show that the Indian economy was already worsening in the years before Covid-19.