"Population and associated issues": GS1
- Centre likely to postpone Census to 2022 (TH)The Centre is on track to push the 2021 Census to 2022 on account of the country’s continuing preoccupation with COVID-19.
- Tropical cyclones move closer to land except for Atlantic hurricanes (TH)Tropical cyclones across the globe, except Atlantic hurricanes, are moving closer to land in recent decades, a new study found.
- How Kerala board raised infra funds — and set off govt-CAG showdown (IE) The CAG noted that the KIIFB has no source of income, its only assured inflow being petroleum cess and part of motor vehicle tax, and that it has not invested in any profit-making enterprise or income-generating ventures so far.
- Medical board on abortion ‘unfeasible’ (TH) 82% of obstetrics-gynaecology, paediatric and other specialist posts vacant
- Govt. plans law to ban bitcoin, set up official digital currency (TH) The law will "create a facilitative framework for creation of the official digital currency to be issued by the Reserve Bank of India"
- Economic Survey 2021 backs setting up of social stock exchange in India (DTE) The Economic Survey released by the Union Ministry of Finance on January 29, 2021 highlighted the concept of setting up a social stock exchange (SSE) in India for raising capital by organisations working for the realisation of a social welfare objective. It will be under the regulatory ambit of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the survey said.