- The first ever SCO Online International Exhibition on Shared Buddhist Heritage commences today (PIB) The visitors can explore theIndian Buddhist treasures from the Gandharaand Mathura Schools, Nalanda, Amaravati, Sarnathetc. in a 3D virtual format.ThePakistan hall depicts the life of Gautama Buddha and Buddhist Art through a collection of impressive Gandharaart objects from Karachi, Lahore,Taxlia, Islamabad, SWAT and Peshawar museums. These include fasting Siddhartha and footprint of Buddha from Sikri, meditating Buddha from SahriBahloi, miracle of Sravasti from Gandhara etc.
- Hold polls where NOTA got most votes: petition (TH) “Right to reject and elect new candidate will give power to the people to express their discontent ... Right to reject will check corruption, criminalisation, casteism, communalism ... parties would be forced to give tickets to honest and patriotic candidates
GS2: International Relations
- Recalibrating India-Nepal ties (TH) The relationship has never been free of controversy as both countries have not changed their perspectives of each other.
- Effective information sharing crucial, says FATF (TH) The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has apprised about 400 experts from both the public and private sectors of the latest risk findings related to money laundering and terror funding.
- Explained: Kashmir, India and the OIC (IE) New Delhi has hit back at the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation for references to Kashmir. Pakistan has a strong voice in the OIC
GS3: Internal Security
- Explained: BrahMos missile and significance of ongoing series of tests by Armed forces (IE) The land attack version of BrahMos has the capability of cruising at 2.8 Mach speed and with the upgraded capability, the missile can hit targets at a range of upto 400 kilometers with precision. Advanced versions of range above 1,000 kilometers and speed upto 5 Mach are said to be under development.
- Centre constitutes committee for implementation of 2015 Paris Agreement (DTE) AIPA has been constituted with the purpose of “ensuring a coordinated response on climate change matters that protects the country’s interests and ensures that India is on track towards meeting its climate change obligations under the Paris Agreement including its submitted Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)”.