GS2: Govt. policies and interventions, GS3: Environmental impact assessment
- Row over Lakshadweep beach villa plan Ignoring what marine biologists have warned of as a serious “developmental misstep”, the Lakshadweep administration is pressing ahead with plans to construct beach and lagoon villas on three islands of the Union Territory with its fragile coral ecosystem.
GS2: Important Aspects of Governance, Transparency & Accountability
- ‘Police stations must display legal aid info’ Supreme Court judge Justice U.U. Lalit on Saturday said every police station in the country must have display boards informing about the right to legal aid and the availability of free legal aid services.
GS3: Indian Economy
- Is RBI planning a digital currency for India? How will the transition to a new monetary system hold up and what are the risks?
GS3: Environmental Pollution, GS2: Govt. policies and interventions
- How will consumers benefit from ‘Right to Repair’? What has the U.S. Federal Trade Commission ruled? Are tech giants violating antitrust laws?
GS3: Economics of Animal-Rearing
- Poultry industry urges Centre to allow import of GM soy seeds Farmers battered by pandemic and rising raw material costs, says Association
GS3: Science and Technology
- The draw of space and nuclear technologies It remains to be seen whether the new ventures of Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates will strike a chord and benefit mankind
GS2: Issues Relating to Development & Management of Social Sector/Services: Education
- Walking NEP talk It’s been a year since the National Education Policy 2020 laid out a map for a long-overdue re-imagination of Indian education.
GS3: Indian economy
- ExplainSpeaking: How IMF cutting India’s growth forecast will impact RBI’s monetary policy There are two key questions that the RBI evaluates at its Monetary Policy Committee meets — one, what is the outlook on economic (GDP) growth and, two, what is the outlook on retail inflation.
GS2: Issues Relating to Development & Management of Social Sector/Services
- Over 24,000 children died by suicide from 2017 to 2019: NCRB data The highest number of deaths by suicide among children in this age bracket was reported from Madhya Pradesh at 3,115 followed by West Bengal at 2,802, Maharashtra at 2,527 and Tamil Nadu at 2,035.
GS3: Indian Economy
- What is e-RUPI and how does it work? e-RUPI is a cashless and contactless digital payments medium, which will be delivered to mobile phones of beneficiaries in form of an SMS-string or a QR code.
GS2: Issues Relating to Development & Management of Social Sector/Services: Health
- Clinical trials of ‘Ashwagandha’ soon The AYUSH Ministry has collaborated with the UK's London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) to conduct a study on Ashwagandha for promoting recovery from the novel coronavirus.
GS3: Issues Relating to Intellectual Property Rights
- Simplified Patent and Copyright Registration helping India become an innovation hub The Controller General supervises the working of the Patents Act, 1970, the Designs Act, 2000 and the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and also renders advice to the Government on matters relating to these subjects.