- Plea in SC against uniform civil law on divorce and alimony(TH) Petitioner says it is against fundamental right to religion
- Atal Innovation Mission launches 'AIM-PRIME(PIB) In a major push towards deep technology and driving the country to become a digitally transformed nation, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog today launched AIM-PRIME (Program for Researchers on Innovations, Market-Readiness & Entrepreneurship), an initiative to promote and support science-based deep-tech startups & ventures across India.
GS2: Social development
- Ranked 140 of 156 countries, India slips 28 spots in WEF’s global gender gap report(IE) South Asia incidentally is one of the worst performing regions, followed only by the Middle East and northern Africa, according to the report released on Wednesday by the World Economic Forum
GS2: International Relations
- Enter the peace process(TH) India should use its influence to ensure peace within Afghanistan and the wider region
- Govt. sharply cuts rates on small savings instruments(TH) Move comes after retail inflation breaches 6% mark
- Still no recognition of the third tier(TH) In the FC-15 proposals, the goal of fiscally empowering local governments to deliver territorial equity is still far away
- Shining a light(IE) SC ruling in Tata-Mistry case brings welcome clarity on rights of minority shareholders.
GS3: Agriculture related issues
- Panel submits report on farm laws to SC(TH) It will be made public on the date of the next hearing of the PIL, says member