GS2: Health issues
- Planning for future waves of the pandemic India needs to enhance the surveillance system, vaccinate quickly, and reprioritise healthcare services
- Tracking the pandemic’s rural march States, especially in the north, are facing the brunt of the second wave, made worse by their poor health infrastructure
- WHO-ILO links working hours to more death With working long hours now known to be responsible for about one-third of the total estimated work-related burden of disease, it is established as the risk factor with the largest occupational disease burden.
GS2: International Relations
- India, Israel and Palestine India’s statement at UNSC seeks a balance between its old ties with Palestine and growing relations with Israel. Tracing India’s tightrope walk through the decades, from the Nehru years to the Modi regime.
- Concessional import duty: prior info of goods a must Importers taking advantage of concessional rate of import duty will have to give prior information to Customs officers about goods being imported and also its estimated quantity and value, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has said.
GS3: Science and Technology
- New naming system for virus variants New naming system should go live soon: WHO Chief Scientist Soumya Swaminathan
- 9,000 Indians’ details checked for U.S. entry scheme It allows members to use expedited lanes at U.S. airports and few other international airports
- International Museum Day Introduced by the International Council of Museums, this day has been celebrated every year over the past 43 years, since 1977