- Explained: What do the amendments to the Juvenile Justice Act mean? (IE) The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act was introduced and passed in Parliament in 2015 to replace the Juvenile Delinquency Law and the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children Act) 2000.
- "Delimitation Commission holds meeting to Seek Views on Delimitation process of UT of Jammu andKashmir.(PIB)" An overview on the process of delimitation based on the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization Act, 2019 and Delimitation Act, 2002 was presented before the Members detailing various Sections of these Acts related to the delimitation exercise of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- PM to chair 6th Governing Council Meeting of NITI Aayog on 20th February (PIB) The Governing Council presents a platform to discuss inter-sectoral, inter-departmental and federal issues. It comprises the Prime Minister, Chief Ministers of States and Union Territories (UTs), with Legislatures and Lt Governors of other UTs. The sixth meeting will witness the entry of Ladakh for the first time, in addition to the participation of Jammu and Kashmir as a UT. This time, other UTs headed by administrators have also been invited to join. The meeting will also be attended by the ex-officio members of the Governing Council, Union Ministers, Vice Chairman, Members and CEO of NITI Aayog, and other senior officials of Government of India.
International Relations: GS2
- Quad meet: India, U.S. call for rule of law in Myanmar (TH) Our positive agenda underlines our shared commitment to global good. [We] discussed contemporary challenges, especially the impact of COVID-19 and exchanged views on issues across the Indo-Pacific,” said Dr. S Jaishankar.
- Make peace with nature now (TH) As COVID-19 upends our lives, a more persistent crisis demands urgent action on a global scale. Three environmental crises — climate change; nature loss; and the pollution of air, soil and water — add up to a planetary emergency that will cause far more pain than COVID-19 in the long-term.
- Hyderabad wins global ‘Tree City’ status (TH) The city, to be eligible under the category of Tree City needs to confirm to five standards -- 'Establish Responsibility' (the city having a written statement by city leaders delegating responsibility for the care of trees), 'Set the Rules' (the city...
- Nurturing Neighbourhoods Challenge Cohort Announced (PIB)The Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, announced twenty-five(25) shortlisted cities for the ‘Nurturing Neighbourhoods Challenge’ cohort, in collaboration with the Bernard van Leer Foundation (BvLF) and technical partner WRI India. The Challenge is a 3-year initiative aimed at supporting early childhood-friendly neighbourhoods under the government’s Smart Cities Mission.