GS2: Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education
- Apex court approves CBSE assessment formula Students unsatisfied with the evaluation formula can take up Class 12 exam to be held when situation is conducive.
GS2: Regulatory bodies
- NBSA reprimands three TV channels (NBSA)The National Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA), acted on complaints filed by the Bengaluru-based Campaign Against Hate Speech.
GS2: Government Policies and Interventions for Development in various sectors
- Rules regulating cable TV network amended Complainant may prefer an appeal to the Central govt. for review under the oversight mechanism.
- CII urges ₹3-lakh crore stimulus Industry group pushes for cash transfers, fuel tax cut to help revive demand
GS2: Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
- A judicial pushback to a draconian legal regime The Delhi court ruling is a way forward in finding a balance between civil rights and the imperatives of anti-terror laws
GS3: Science and Technology
- Chinese astronauts dock with new space station The three-man crew will be in orbit for three months.
GS2: India and neighbourhood-relations
- New Pak. law riddled with shortcomings, says India The three-man crew will be in orbit for three months.
- A place for disruptive technology in India’s health sector Complainant may prefer an appeal to the Central govt. for review under the oversight mechanism.
- Explained: Why NCLT thinks Vedanta is getting Videocon for ‘almost nothing’ The Mumbai bench of the NCLT has raised questions about Vedanta group company Twin Star Technologies' Rs 2,962 crore bid for 13 Videocon group companies, noting that the applicant was paying "almost nothing".
- Fed signals and Indian market The US Federal Reserve has hinted at the possibility of two rate hikes by 2023, leading to a fall in market indices. While inflation is a concern in India, and it remains to be seen how the RBI responds, market participants are not too worried about inflation if it comes alongside an economic rebound.
- Explained: Roadblocks to Vaccine Passport Currently, Americans are issued a white paper card as evidence of their COVID-19 shots, but these can easily be forged, and online scammers are already selling false and stolen vaccine cards.
- COVID-19 did not deter renewable power-generating capacity addition in 2020: Report India placed third among countries that added the most solar water heating capacity in 2020
- Government Sets target of Reducing Road Accident Deaths by 50% by Year 2024 The Minister said that his Ministry is striving hard to reduce the road accident deaths by restructuring and strengthening four ‘E’ of road safety, that are, Engineering (including road and automobile engineering), Economy, Enforcement and Education. He suggested that the corporate world should carry out the independent surveys to identify the reasons behind the accidents and a report may be submitted to the Ministry.