- Transit remand, bail explained: Legal provisions invoked in Greta ‘toolkit’ case (IE) Greta Thunberg 'toolkit' case: What does the law say about the procedure regarding arrests to be made from a state other than where the case has been registered and what does transit bail mean?
- Don’t certify key Bills as money Bills, Cong. writes to Om Birla (TH) The Budget session of Parliament is in recess and will resume on March 8. The Rajya Sabha has limited powers to legislate on a “money bill”. The Lok Sabha is free to accept or reject the amendments made by the Rajya Sabha on a money bill, making the Upper House’s views on the legislation irrelevant.
- ‘Social media issues come under Centre’ (TH) He had also argued that the Information Technology Act already dealt with hate content on Internet.
- Cabinet nod for changes in juvenile law According to the amendments, before anyone becomes a member of the child welfare committees (CWC), their background and educational qualification will be checked
International Relations: GS2
- ‘Pak. to remain in FATF grey list until June’ (TH) The FATF is an inter-governmental body established in 1989 to combat money laundering, terrorist financing and other related threats to the integrity of the international financial system.
- "Cabinet approves Comprehensive Economic cooperation and Partnership Agreement between India and Mauritius (PIB)" The India-Mauritius CECPA will be the first trade Agreement to be signed by India with a country in Africa. The Agreement is a limited agreement, which will cover Trade in Goods, Rules of Origin, Trade in Services, Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT), Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) measures, Dispute Settlement, Movement of Natural Persons, Telecom, Financial services, Customs Procedures and Cooperation in other Areas
- Running cars on hydrogen: What is India’s National Hydrogen Mission? (IE) India has announced a National Hydrogen Mission that will draw up a roadmap for using hydrogen as an energy source. The initiative has the potential of transforming transportation.
- "Ministry of Earth Sciences invites stakeholders’ suggestions on the Draft Blue Economy Policy for India (PIB)" India’s blue economy is understood as a subset of the national economy comprising an entire ocean resources system and human-made economic infrastructure in marine, maritime, and onshore coastal zones within the country’s legal jurisdiction. It aids the production of goods and services that have clear linkages with economic growth, environmental sustainability, and national security. The blue economy is a vast socio-economic opportunity for coastal nations like India to utilize ocean resources for societal benefit responsibly.
- Zero waste systems can create thousands of jobs across world: Study (DTE) Zero-waste programmes and policies have the potential to create good, environment-friendly jobs and help reduce pollution and improve community health, a recent study from Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives (GAIA) found.