- Farmers have constitutional right to continue protest: SC (TH) Court, however, says purpose of protest will not be served if they continue to sit without engaging in talks
GS2: International Relations
- Joint Statement on India-Bangladesh Virtual Summit (PIB) Both sides exchanged views on the situation of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in their respective countries and expressed satisfaction at the manner in which sustained engagement between the two countries has been maintained during this ongoing crisis. Reiterating the highest priority India attaches to Bangladesh under India’s Neighbourhood First Policy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi assured that vaccines would be made available to Bangladesh as and when produced in India. Both leaders also noted the ongoing bilateral collaboration between the private sector in this area.
- Govt. plans $60-bn investment to bolster gas infrastructure (TH) Centre aims to raise natural gas’s share from 6% to 15% by 2030, says Pradhan
- Explained: What is currency manipulation, and why has US put India, others on its currency watchlist? (IE) The designation of a country as a currency manipulator does not immediately attract any penalties, but tends to dent the confidence about a country in the global financial markets.
- Should you invest in Bitcoin? (IE) The cryptocurrency has crossed $20,000 in value. So, should you invest? You need to consider a number of factors before investing — Bitcoin's price has always been volatile, and there is no clear explanation for its current rally.
- Explained: How Punjab can achieve crop diversification (IE) The farmer protests have led to questions being raised on the extensive cultivation of paddy and wheat, especially in Punjab. How much of these crops is grown, and what are the options for diversification?
GS3: Science & Technology
- ISRO launches satellite for communications CMS-01 is the 42nd communication satellite from India and weighs around 1,410 kgs. It will be replacing the ageing GSAT-12 satellite that was launched 15 July 2011 and was supposed to serve for seven years.
- "Dr. Harsh Vardhan addresses event by Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) and UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) (PIB)" We also repurposed our capacities from multiple research disciplines across a wide range of public and private institutions. We repurposed defense research capacities for quickly erecting hospitals with enhanced capacity. From being an importer of PPEs before the pandemic, India is now a net exporter of PPEs. We scaled up our testing capacity from a few hundred tests per day to a million tests per day. The nimbleness that the Indian research institutions have shown needs to be not only preserved but also encouraged.”