- Kiran Bedi removed as Puducherry L-G (TH) Late in the evening, the Centre removed the Lieutenant Governor (L-G) of the Union Territory, Kiran Bedi, with whom the government has had a long-running battle. Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan, a former president of the Tamil Nadu BJP, was given additional charge of Puducherry.
- The viability of two proposals (TH) While four capitals may not be feasible in India, a Supreme Court Bench in south India can be created
- Toolkit content does not disclose sedition: ex-judge (TH) Publicly available content of the ‘toolkit’, which led to the arrest of 22-year-old climate activist Disha Ravi, does not disclose sedition, former Supreme Court judge Justice Deepak Gupta told The Hindu in a phone interaction on Tuesday.
- SC to examine plea against CEC, parties (TH) The Supreme Court has decided to examine a contempt petition filed by a lawyer against Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora and leaders of prominent political parties for not fully adhering to an apex court order against allowing “dreaded criminals” contest in the Bihar Assembly polls.
GS2: International Relations
- Explained: ICC ruling says it has jurisdiction in Palestinian Territories. Here’s what it means (IE) According to the ruling, the ICC would have jurisdiction to investigate potential war crimes commited in Palestinian territories. Why is it being welcomed by Palestinians and criticized by Israel? What is India's stance?
GS2: Social issues
- Elderly abuse a growing concern in India, shows LASI (DTE) Abuse of the elderly is a growing international problem with several manifestations in different countries and cultures. It is a fundamental violation of human rights and leads to several health and emotional problems.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Explained: What is Sandes, the government’s new Instant Messaging platform? (IE) The National Informatics Centre has launched an instant messaging platform called Sandes on the lines of WhatsApp. Like WhatsApp, the new NIC platform can be used for all kinds of communications by anyone with a mobile number or email id.