- ‘Lift ban on export of vaccine raw material’ SII is currently manufacturing anti-coronavirus vaccine Covishield, developed by Astrazeneca and Oxford University. The vaccine is not only being used in India, but exported to a number of countries.
GS2: International Relations
- Iran says it has started enriching uranium to 60%(TH) While 60 % is higher than any level Iran previously enriched uranium, it is still lower than weapons-grade levels of 90 %.
- Vaccine diplomacy that needs specific clarifications(TH) The government needs to convince Indians that the vaccine exports have not been made at the cost of their health
- Exiting Afghanistan(TH) The U.S. pullout without any settlement leaves the Taliban stronger
- Augmentation of Manufacturing Capacity for COVAXIN production under Mission COVID Suraksha(PIB) Under Atmanirbhar Bharat 3.0 Mission COVID Suraksha was announced by the Government of India, to accelerate the development and production of Indigenous COVID Vaccines. This is being implemented by Department of Biotechnology Govt of India.
- U.S. Treasury keeps India on currency watch list(TH) India is one of the 11 countries on the U.S. Treasury’s ‘Monitoring List’ with regard to their currency practices, according to the April 2021 edition.
GS3: Science and Tech
- Indian Genomic Consortium for COVID19(PIB) The Indian SARS-CoV-2 Genomics Consortium (INSACOG) is a network of ten laboratories established in December 2020 for continuously monitoring the genomic changes of SARS-CoV-2 in India, through Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS).
- World Hemophilia Day 2021(IE) Classically, they present with bleeding into joints and muscles either spontaneously or after a minor trauma, a doctor explains