GS1: Ancient History
- Pre-12,000yrs:Govt-ups panel to study 'Indian culture'(IE) The mandate (of the committee) is to quell misconceptions created by Western scholars about Indian culture through archaeological, astronomical and literary evidences. For instance, the theory of Aryan invasion stands debunked in the light of the 2019 Rakhigarhi DNA report (under Vasant Shinde of Pune’s Deccan College), which points to the continuity of Indian culture since 4,500 years.”
GS2: Regulatory bodies
- What the amendments to the Aircraft Act mean for aviation regulatory bodies?(IE) he Aircraft Act of 1934 was enacted to make provisions for the control of the manufacture, possession, use, operation, sale, import and export of aircraft. It makes provisions for securing the safety of aircraft operations in India, and for carrying out civil aviation operations as per internationally accepted standards, procedures and practices as laid down by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).
- Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2020 passed by Lok Sabha(TH) Passing the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2020, Ms. Sitharaman said, It was necessary for the government to come out with an ordinance to improve the the condition of the co-operative banks as well as to safeguard the depositors money.
- Exports fall 12.7%, trade deficit eases to $6.77 bn(TH) Contracting for the sixth straight month, India’s exports slipped 12.7% to $22.7 billion in August, on account of decline in the shipments of petroleum, leather, engineering goods and gems and jewellery items, according to government data released on Tuesday.
- ‘$186 bn import substitution possible’(TH) Promoting self-reliance in sectors such as electronics and defence equipment, among others, can lead to import substitution of over $186 billion for India , says a study by Export and Import Bank of India (Exim Bank).
- Mudra loan disbursals & NPAs rise intandem at PSBs over last 3years(IE) Mudra loan disbursements by state-owned banks rose to Rs 3.82 lakh crore in 2019-20, from Rs 3.05 lakh crore in 2018-19 and Rs 2.12 lakh crore in 2017-18. NPAs as a percentage of total loans rose to 4.92 per cent in 2019-20 from 3.42 per cent in 2017-18.
- Govt sets up group under cybersecurity head to probe China Watching,will reporting 30 days (IE)The expert committee, led by Lt Gen (retd) Rajesh Pant, India’s chief coordinator on cyber security, will evaluate the “implications” of the digital surveillance by Data Information Technology Co. Limited and “assess any violations of law and submit its recommendations within thirty days.”
GS3 : Storage, Transport and Marketing of Agricultural Produce and Issues and Related Constraints
- In Three Ordinances,the provisions that bother protesting farmers(IE) They are called The Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Ordinance, 2020; The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Ordinance, 2020; and The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020. It is the Bill replacing the third that has been passed in Lok Sabha.
- Global Initiative to reduce Land Degradation and Coral Reef program launched at G20 Environment Ministers Meet. The Global Initiative on Reducing Land Degradation aims to strengthen the implementation of existing frameworks to prevent, halt, and reverse land degradation within G20 member states and globally, taking into account possible implications on the achievement of other SDGs and adhering to the principle of doing no harm.
- Special Window for Completion of Affordable and Mid-Income Housing (Swamih Investment Fund) Created In order to give relief to homebuyers of stalled projects, a Special Window for Completion of Affordable and Mid-Income Housing (SWAMIH investment fund) has been created for funding stalled projects that are net-worth positive, including those projects that have been declared as Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) or are pending proceedings before the National Company Law Tribunal under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. SWAMIH investment fund will provide last mile funding to the stressed affordable and middle-income housing projects in the country.