GS1: Social issues
- It is getting from bad to worse for women workers In the pandemic, women have borne a disproportionate burden of the severe disruptions to life and the economy
- Restructuring the Tribunal system The Centre has abolished several appellate tribunals and authorities and transferred their jurisdiction to other existing judicial bodies
- Government issues guidelines to set up health infra in rural areas The Union health ministry on Sunday recommended building health infrastructure in peri-urban and rural areas to tackle rising cases of coronavirus infections in villages.
- CoWin tighten rules for slot info sharing with third parties While the move has come amid reports suggesting the misuse of the portal’s open APIs by some coders and software programmers to set alerts and book slots, the NHA said it was done to “ensure scalability” of the platform and to prevent cyberattacks.
GS2: International developments
- UNSC calls for the end to violence in Gaza The US is warning that the current cycle of violence will only put a negotiated two-state solution to the decades-old Israeli-Palestinian conflict further out of reach
GS3: Science and Technology
- DarkSide, blamed for gas pipeline attack, says it is shutting down What that pressure may have been is unclear, but on Thursday, President Joe Biden said the United States would not rule out a retaliatory strike against DarkSide that would “disrupt their ability to operate.”