- Finance Minister announces measures to strengthen Agriculture Infrastructure Logistics, Capacity Building, Governance and Administrative Reforms for Agriculture Fisheries and Food Processing Sectors(PIB) Rs 20,000 crore for fisherman through Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
- New law for contract farming(TH) Centre to push through agri-marketing reforms as part of stimulus package.
- ₹1 lakh crore farm infra fund to be financed by NABARD:FM(TH) The focus has been on short term crop loans while investment in long term agriculture infrastructure has often not been enough, said Ms. Sitharaman.
- Freeing the farm(IE) The second, and arguably the more substantive part of the announcements related to the government’s intention to amend the Essential Commodities Act.
GS2: Social Justice
- Shri Arjun Munda launches ‘Goal’ programme of M/o Tribal Affairs for Digital Skilling of Tribal Youth across India in partnership with Facebook(PIB) Digital literacy has gained importance in view of challenges posed by Covid pandemic.
- Two crises, two lessons(IE) For all their differences, the global financial crisis and the corona financial crisis are similar in one respect — they both teach us life-enhancing lessons.
- Resident Indians remit record $18.75 bn in FY20; travel, education LRS dominate(IE) Sources in the banking industry say while study-related remittance has been growing, over the years, a lot of remittance is also on account various factors including weak investment sentiment in India.
- Rajnath Singh approves Rs 400-crore defence testing infrastructure scheme(BS) This is directed towards promoting indigenous defence capability, specifically amongst micro, small and medium enterprises and start-ups.
GS2 : Governance
- NEET is not student friendly, merit promoting(TH) “Freedom of individual development is the basis of democracy,” observed the Commission (1948-49) appointed by the Government of India.
GS2: International Relations
- $1 Billion from World Bank to Protect India’s Poorest from COVID-19(PIB) The first phase of the operation will be implemented countrywide through the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY).