- Explained: Why Kailash Range matters (IE) The Kailash Range was the theatre of conflict during the 1962 Chinese offensive, with key battles at Rezang La and Gurung Hill. In 2020, Indian troops secured Kailash Ridge in an operation that took the Chinese by surprise. A look at the strategic importance of the mountain range, and the lessons learnt.
- Senate acquits Trump of incitement (TH) In the vote, seven of the 50 Senate Republicans joined the chamber's unified Democrats in favouring conviction.
- SC to examine plea against CEC, parties (TH) The Supreme Court has decided to examine a contempt petition filed by a lawyer against Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora and leaders of prominent political parties for not fully adhering to an apex court order against allowing “dreaded criminals” contest in the Bihar Assembly polls.
Economy: Agri GS3
- Farm income mission off target (TH) In the last year of its mission to double farmers income, the Centre admits that no actual assessment of farm income has been carried out since 2013.
- ‘Incentivise States for disinvestment in PSEs’ (TH) The Centre should incentivise States to come clean on their fiscal deficit positions, bring off-Budget liabilities above board and take up their own strategic disinvestment programmes for myriad State-owned public sector enterprises
- SANKALP - To promote inclusive growth and strengthen District Skill Committees (IE) SANKALP (Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion) is a World Bank loan assisted programme to strengthen the district skill administration and the District Skill Committees (DSCs).
- Explained: What is special about the Arjun Main Battle Tank MK-1A? (IE) The Arjun Main Battle Tank project was initiated by DRDO in 1972 with the Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE) as its lead laboratory.
Science & Technology: GS3
- Fossils of ‘Dickinsonia’ found at Bhimbetka (TH) Researchers have discovered three fossils of the earliest known living animal — the 550-million-year-old ‘Dickinsonia’ — on the roof of the Bhimbetka Rock Shelters, about 40 km from Bhopal.