- Fertility rate down in most states, NFHS-5 finds All of 17 states analysed in the fifth round of National Family Health Survey have ... India's population is stabilising, as the total fertility rate (TFR) has ... in most of the states and UTs, it has witnessed an increase in five states
- Hunger continued even after lockdown: report (TH) Six to seven months after the lockdown, people continued to go to bed hungry, skip meals frequently, and are unable to afford nutritious diets
- NITI Aayog releases ‘Vision 2035: Public Health Surveillance in India’ (PIB) Vision 2035: Public Health Surveillance in India is a continuation of the work on health systems strengthening. It contributes by suggesting mainstreaming of surveillance by making individual electronic health records the basis for surveillance. Public health surveillance (PHS) is an important function that cuts across primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of care. Surveillance is ‘Information for Action’.
GS2: International Relations
- India, Britain to discuss upgrade of ties (TH) UK’s Foreign Secretary’s visit will include talks on strategic partnership, set stage for post-Brexit ties.
- Tax policy in trying times (TH) The events of the pandemic show how it is the need of the hour to modernise India’s archaic tax laws