- A weak link in the elementary education chain(TH) India is ignoring the necessity for strong capacity building of the many NGOs engaged in educational improvement
- "Cabinet approval for school education reform project(TH) Cabinet approves Rs. 5718 crore World Bank aided project STARS(PIB)" Implementation of the Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States (STARS) project with a total project cost of Rs 5718 crore with the financial support of World Bank amounting to US $ 500 million (approximately Rs. 3700 crore).
- Phased manufacturing policy that is hardly smart(TH) Largely applicable to the mobile phone manufacturing sector, the plan has fared poorly in domestic value addition
- Centre to release tur dal to States(TH) Last month, the DoCA introduced a mechanism to use the buffer stock of the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED), which procures pulses from farmers at MSP rates, to moderate retail prices by supplying pulses to the States and the Union Territories.
- Public debt ratio to rise to 90% of GDP on Covid’(TH) India’s public debt ratio, which remarkably remained stable at about 70% of the GDP since 1991, is projected to jump by 17 percentage points to almost 90?cause of an increase in public spending due to COVID-19, the IMF said.
GS3: Science & Technology
IMD operationalises Advanced high-resolution Air Quality Early Warning System for Delhi and India(PIB) Ministry of Earth Sciences is constantly striving to improve Air Quality Early Warning System by incorporating various changes in Air Quality Forecast Models such as improved emission inventories, Land Use and Land Cover and improved assimilation of various observational data. The Air Quality forecast model System for Integrated modelling of Atmospheric composition (SILAM) for India has been further improved by implementing global emission inventories CAMS-GLOB v2.1 supplemented with EDGAR v4.3.2 for coarse and mineral-fine anthropogenic particulate matter at 10km resolution.