- The need for an anti-discrimination law(TH) India is unique among democracies in that a constitutional right to equality is not backed by comprehensive legislation
- Equal and excellent(IE) A skill university differs from a traditional university in four ways. It prays to the one god of employers; for governance, faculty, curriculum, and pedagogy. It has four classrooms; on-campus, on-line, on-site, and on-the-job.
- Cries of judicial overreach put the spotlight on green tribunal(Mint) NTPC is challenging the NGT’s February order instructing it to install flue-gas desulfurization (FGD), a technology for removing sulphur dioxide from exhaust, at its 2,980 megawatts super thermal power plant at Sipat in Chhattisgarh, on the grounds of judicial overreach.
GS2: Governance, Health
- Covid management calls for active participation of the private sector(Mint) The National Health Authority (NHA) has put in place specific packages for testing and treatment of covid-19 to ensure that no vulnerable person is financially constrained in seeking testing or treatment. Several thousand beneficiaries have been supported under the scheme.
GS2: International Relations
- Nepal passes amendment on new map(TH); No longer special(TH) Unanimous vote by Pratinidhi Sabha gives legal stamp to inclusion of Indian territory.
- Net financial assets of Indian households rise on decline in borrowings from banks(IE) Household sector is the most sustainable and self-reliant source of financing for the Indian economy.
- The significance of household financial savings(Mint) Household financial savings refer to currency, bank deposits, debt securities, mutual funds, pension funds, insurance, and investments in small savings schemes.
- Let’s keep the option of corona bonds open(Mint) An open economy with low external debt can bear the extra burden.
GS3: Science and Tech
- IIT Madras study reveals metabolism of key gut microbiota(TH) Little is known about differences between different strains of Bifidobacterium genus and their individual commercial uses.
- Aarogyapath, a web-based solution for the healthcare supply chain that provides real-time availability of critical supplies launched(PIB) It also helps manufacturers and suppliers to reach a wide network of customers efficiently, overcoming gaps in connectivity between them and potential demand centers like nearby pathological laboratories, medical stores, hospitals, etc.
- New drug for amoebiasis in the offing(PIB) According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Entamoeba histolytica is the third-leading cause of morbidity and mortality due to parasitic disease in humans. It causes amoebiasis or amoebic dysentery, which is highly prevalent in developing countries.