GS2: Polity and Governance
- Why not place convicts under house arrest, asks SC The Supreme Court has thrown open the door to the legislature to “ponder” over the idea of placing convicts under house arrest to avoid overcrowding.
- OIC stung by Home Ministry notification The March 4 order asked professionals such as journalists, engineers and researchers to notify the Ministry about their activities in India.
- Reforming medical education An unfettered market approach is not the answer to the health workforce crisis. India’s health systems have been confronting numerous challenges.
- India still resists community spread tag WHO classification has implications for pandemic control measures
- DEA says India's Public Spending on health care lowest in BRICS Telemedicine, diagnostic interpretation are a big area where access problems can be mitigated to a large extent by using technology, he said.
GS3: Science and Tech
- Mucormycosis risk mitigation in the COVID battle Diabetes control can lower the chances of dangerous side-effects in COVID-19 treatment such as this fungal infection
- Bank Vs HFC: who transmits home loan rate cuts better? Existing home loan customers are getting differential treatment from banks and HFCs. How have rates moved for HFCs and banks? What should existing customers do?
- Last mile funding scheme for real estate / 'Last mile funding' scheme to be catalyst for real estate: FM Nirmala Sitharaman Thursday said the first residential project completed under the government’s Special Window for Affordable & Mid-Income Housing (SWAMIH) would help unlock liquidity in the real estate sector and provide a boost to core industries such as cement and steel.