GS2: Issues and Challenges Pertaining to the Federal Structure
- The upcoming crisis in Indian federalism The national compact has to be reimagined so that post 2026, the most successful States are not punished politically
GS2: Government Policies and Interventions for Development in various sectors and Issues arising out of their Design and Implementation.
- Funding gap may stump ‘Housing for All’ goal The government‘s promise to provide ‘Housing for All’ by 2022 faces a severe funding crunch even as implementation is running behind schedule.
GS2: International relations
- India to display relics of St. Ketevan A part of them were gifted to Georgia on July 10; another part remains in Goa.
GS2: Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
- Anti-terror laws not to quell dissent; SC role counter-majoritarian: Justice Chandrachud (Role of SC in democracy) Stating that the Supreme Court “plays the role of a counter-majoritarian institution”, he said it is the Court’s “duty to protect the rights of socio-economic minorities”.
GS2: Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive —Ministries and Departments of the Government
- Cabinet committees rejigged Crucial ministries, including Rural Development, Railways, and Petroleum and Natural Gas, which were represented in the earlier CCEA, have been left out this time.
GS3: Science and Technology
- UV-C technology to mitigate coronavirus spread soon in Parliament The technology is meant for the “mitigation of airborne transmission of SARS-COV-2’’.
- Space and edge of space explained The Kármán line has been compared to international waters, as there are no national boundaries and human laws in force beyond the line. It was named after aerospace pioneer Theodore von Kármán, who wrote in his autobiography: “This is certainly a physical boundary, where aerodynamics stops and astronautics begins… Below this line, space belongs to each country. Above this level, there would be free space.”
GS2: Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education, Human Resources
- Union Education Minister reviews the Digital Education initiatives of the Ministry (PM e-Vidya, National Digital Education Architecture (NDEAR), Swayam)
GS3: Indian Economy
- S&P keeps India rating at lowest investment grade (Investment grade ratings) The stable outlook reflects our expectation that India’s economy will recover following the resolution of the coronavirus pandemic and that the country’s strong external settings will act as a buffer against financial strains despite elevated government funding needs over the next two years," the rating agency said.
- Now you can buy govt bonds via RBI. Here’s how (Update) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in February said it will open up government bonds for small investors under ‘RBI Retail Direct’, and released guidelines for the scheme on Monday. RBI may notify the date of commencement of the scheme soon. Mint explains: