- Bringing life back to Western Ghats grasslands (TH) Researchers find sites for restoration in the Nilgiris, Palani Hills and Anamalai, where exotic trees are erasing biodiversity.
- Experts Explain: How to measure a mountain (IE) We can get around this problem by measuring the angles of elevation from two different points of observation in the same line of view.
- A sector that needs to be nursed back to health (TH) Nursing education in India suffers poor quality of training, inequitable distribution, and non-standardised practices
- Universal Healthcare Coverage Day celebrated in Health Ministry (PIB) The present NFHS is being conducted on 6.1 lakh sample households, involving household level interviews to collect information on population, health, family planning and nutrition related indicators. Phase II covering the remaining 12 States and 2 UTs had their fieldwork suspended due to COVID-19, which has been resumed from November and is expected to be completed by May, 2021.
- Mothers in M.P. to help check malnutrition (TH) The Madhya Pradesh government has issued an order for appointment of committees led by mothers to ensure better monitoring of services
- Not in favour of imposing family planning, govt. tells SC (TH) In fact, the government said the years from 2001 to 2011 witnessed the sharpest decline in decadal growth rate of Indian population in a 100 years.“The Family Welfare Programme in India is voluntary in nature, which enables couples to decide the size of their family and adopt the family planning methods best suited to them, according to their choice, without any compulsion,
- Hunger continued even after lockdown: report (TH) Six to seven months after the lockdown, people continued to go to bed hungry, skip meals frequently, and are unable to afford nutritious diets because of loss of income...
GS2: International Relations
- Connectivity, infrastructure key points in Modi Hasina summit (TH) Soon after, the three leaders — in their second trilateral meeting in seven months — made common cause as they took on China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) and pushed for “connectivity” and “quality infrastructure”.
- Western Sahara on edge after Israel Morocco deal (TH) In return for Morocco’s decision to establish formal ties with Israel, the U.S. has recognised Moroccan sovereignty over Western Sahara
- Centre working on framework for widening credit push: Kant (TH) Mr. Kant also said micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) play a crucial role in providing employment but their credit needs are largely unmet by the formal financial sector.