- Draft NDHM policy:Experts warn of ‘structural problems’,lack of clarity on patient control over data(IE) It is a policy document issued under no statutory framework and on a topic that partly impacts India’s federal structure, because health is a state subject. Not only can it not bind the state, it also isn’t binding on the National Health Authority (NHA) that is enforcing it — the policy can be changed,”
- Long haul ahead(TH) Demand-supportive fiscal policies alone can end the lockdown-induced slowdown
- Why Many mutual funds seem upset with Sebi's Multi-caps directive? What's the road ahead?(IE) Fund houses, which will be forced to go for a portfolio reshuffle over the next few months and shift their allocation of multi-cap funds from heavily weighted large-cap companies to mid and small-cap companies, wonder why they are being targeted while foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) — bigger players than domestic fund houses — are free to invest in any stocks without limits.
- What Data they collect,why cause for concern(IE) Early this month, the Chinese-only website of Zhenhua Data Information Technology Co, the company monitoring foreign targets, was pulled down soon after The Indian Express approached it for comments. What kind of data has it collected on the targets, what does it mean when it says it’s engaged in hybrid warfare, what’s the cause for concern?
- PM dedicates to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector The projects include the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project and two LPG Bottling Plants.
GS2: International Relations
- Spectres of a violent past(IE) The Twentieth Amendment Bill proposes the re-introduction of complete presidential immunity, which would prevent the Supreme Court even considering whether the President’s act amounts to a violation of the Constitution. This will allow the President to do as he pleases and will make the President unanswerable to any other arm of government.
- Films Division to stream films on Rajbhasha on ‘Hindi Diwas -2020’ Streaming of well-researched documentaries leading to the historic occasion of adoption of Hindi as an official language of the Union of India on 14th September, 1949, mock enactment of the meeting of the Constituent Assembly by children and travelogues showing growth and popularity of Hindi in different States will mark the celebration of ‘Hindi Diwas’ by Films Division on 14th September, 2020.