GS2 : Governance
- It’s time to give IRS officers their due(TH) Revenue Administration is not in the hands of an IRS officer, but an IAS officer.
- In most death penalty cases, court invoked ‘collective conscience’ of society: Study(IE) Seventy-two per cent of all cases in which Delhi trial courts awarded the death penalty from 2000 to 2015 cited “collective conscience of the society” as an influencing factor, a study by Project 39A, a criminal reforms advocacy group, has found.
GS2 : Health
- Malnutrition among women, children continues to paralyse healthcare(Mint) Nearly 68% of under-5 deaths result from malnourishment of children or their mothers, says a Lancet study
- Major stimulus package for MSMEs(TH) “What was announced today is not a stimulus package. It is in effect a survival package, so that MSMEs can survive
- Liquidity lifeline(TH) The Finance Minister did well to try and break the confidence logjam in the credit market.
- Full guarantee may push banks to lend(TH) The scheme will cover the borrowings of lower-rated NBFCs, HFCs and micro finance institutions (MFIs) and the government will provide 20% first loss sovereign guarantee to public sector banks.
- Vocal about local, but no snub to globalisation(TH) In a crisis, only the local capacities can be useful. Second, this is not a rejection of globalisation, but a call for a new form of globalisation.
- Self-reliant India: Which are the sectors dependent on imports, which are not(IE) According to trade experts like JNU professor Biswajit Dhar, India is not as dependent on imports for some textile components like yarn. “Although the domestic industry argues that China is a major threat, if you look at the global scenario, India's share in textiles has been going up
- Credit guarantees to MSMEs: What are they and how will they help(IE) A credit guarantee by the government helps as it assures the bank that its loan will be repaid by the government in case the MSME falters
- Atmanirbahr Bharat
GS3 : Agriculture
- Panel proposes land pooling to corporatise agri, merging MNREGA with skilling programmes(IE)" A LAND pooling model enabling corporatisation of agriculture, opening up EPF and ESIC for the unorganised sector, merging the MNREGA with skill development programmes to create a wage subsidy programme
GS3 : Internal Security
- Army proposes 3-year stint for civilians(TH) In a first of its kind proposal. the Army plans to take civilians on a three- year 'Tour of Duty' (ToD) or 'three-year short service' on a trial basis to serve in the force as both officers and other ranks initially for a limited number of vacancies and then expanded later
- Integrated Battle Groups will soon be operational(TH) The IBGs are brigade sized agile self-sufficient combat formations which, can swiftly launch strikes against adversary. Each IBG would be tailor made based on Threat, Terrain and Task and resources will be allotted based on the three Ts. They will be able to mobilise within 12-48 hours based on the location.