- Rare earth metals at the heart of China-U.S. rivalry Beijing’s dominance in these minerals, key to the future of manufacturing, is a cause for concern for the West.
GS3: Cybersecurity related issues
- The world is hardly wired for cyber resilience Defending civilian targets and infrastructure against rising cyberattacks will stretch the capability of governments
GS3: Science and Technology
- How PASHIPHAE will peep into unknown regions of the sky Defending civilian targets and infrastructure against rising cyberattacks will stretch the capability of governments
- Undeveloped oil fields: Govt plan monetisation amid low recovery, shift to renewables Last Thursday, Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said that government companies cannot hold on to undeveloped resources indefinitely and suggested that these companies should seek to find technology partners or investors who can bring the expertise to monetise such fields quickly.
GS2: Effects of developed/developing countries’ policies on India
- Biden’s Manichean vision Dividing the world into democratic and autocratic camps is unrealistic.
GS3: Defence and security
- Planning for a biosecure future COVID-19 has further highlighted the biosecurity concerns of synthetic biology
GS3: Environmental Conservation
- Why shutting down reserves to prevent Covid transmission to tigers is a questionable moveA blanket ban could endanger wildlife and human livelihoods. India must seize opportunity to innovate to live with and reduce the risk from the inevitable future contagion
GS3: Indian Economy
- Tweaking the tax GST Council does well to cut rates of Covid essentials. Issues of compensation, rationalising of rates, also need to be examined.
- ExplainSpeaking: In defence of GDP as a measure of economic growth Instead of pulling down GDP, it is better to look at a broader set of variables to get a more nuanced understanding of people’s wellbeing.
GS2: Poverty and Hunger
- Tigray crisis: A new ‘Famine’ in Ethiopia Now, hundreds of thousands in Tigray are facing famine, and millions more are at risk, UN agencies have said.
Bilateral, Regional and Global Groupings and Agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
- G7 agrees to boost climate finance, calls on others to join In a joint communique, G7 countries agreed to meet an overdue spending pledge of $100 billion a year to help poorer countries.