- Intermarriages can reduce caste tensions, says court (TH) Educated youngsters are showing the way forward to reduce caste and community tensions in India by tying the knot in intermarriages, the Supreme Court said in a judgment.
- Kharge to lead Opposition in RS (TH) Senior Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge is all set to become the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, as incumbent Ghulam Nabi Azad’s term ends on February 15.
- UN Committee for World Food Security endorses voluntary guidelines to end hunger (DTE) The guidelines will contribute to realisation of global goals on hunger and nutrition even as more than 3 billion people do not have access to healthy diets
- Data buoys: inflation cools to 4.06%, IIP rises 1% (TH) India’s retail inflation slowed to a 16-month low of 4.06% in January, helped by a sharp deceleration in food prices, while industrial output rebounded to post 1% growth in December aided by increases in electricity and manufacturing.
- India at the center of world energy stage, will experience gains: IEA director (DTE) India has arrived at the center of the world energy stage: It is the third-largest energy consumer in the world and is expected grow in the future, executive director of International Energy Agency (IEA) said.
- "TIFAC unveils two new initiatives of Technology —SAKSHAM (Shramik Shakti Manch)- a dynamic job portal for mapping the skills of Shramiks vis-à-vis requirements of MSMEs and a Seaweed Mission forcommercial farming of seaweeds and its processing for value addition (PIB)" SAKSHAM (Shramik Shakti Manch), a dynamic portal for jobs/ mapping the skills of Shramiks vis-à-vis requirements of MSMEs and other industries all across the country. The portal with the demand and supply data uses algorithm and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools, for geo spatial information on demand and availability of Shramiks, and also provide analysis on skill training programmes of Shramiks. The pilot portal originally initiated with two districts is now being launched as an all India portal.