- PM pays tribute to martyrs of Jallianwala Bagh massacre(PIB) “Tributes to those martyred in the Jallianwala Bagh massacre. Their courage, heroism and sacrifice gives strength to every Indian.”
- President’s Greetings on the eve of Chaitra Sukladi, Ugadi, Gudi Padwa, Cheti Chand, Vaisakhi, Vishu, Navreh and Sajibu Cheiraoba(PIB) “On the auspicious occasion of Chaitra Sukladi, Ugadi, Gudi Padwa, Cheti Chand, Vaisakhi, Vishu, Navreh and Sajibu Cheiraoba festivals, I extend my best wishes to all the fellow citizens.
- Chandra appointed Chief Election Commissioner(TH) President Ram Nath Kovind on Monday appointed Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra to take over as Chief Election Commissioner from Sunil Arora.
- As cases surge, panel approves Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine(TH) If approved, Sputnik V will be the third COVID-19 vaccine to be available in India
GS2: International Relations
- Military exercise in Bangladesh ends(TH) The 10 day long multinational military exercise named ‘Shantir Ogrosena’ culminated in Bangladesh on Monday, April 12 at the Bangabandhu Senanibas in Dhaka. Troops from India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka participated in the exercise with observers from the USA, UK, Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Singapore.
- India’s South Asian opportunity(TH) Peace with Pakistan is not just a bilateral matter, but is essential for India to transform South Asia
GS3: Science and Tech
- Explained: How Sputnik V works against coronavirus, and how effectively(IE) The Sputnik V vaccine, developed by Gamaleya National Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology in Moscow, uses two different viruses that cause the common cold (adenovirus) in humans.