- School closure may cost India dear(TH) The extended closure of schools amid the COVID-19 pandemic could dent India's future earnings by anywhere between $420 billion and $600.
- Explained: The economics of auctions(IE) In its announcement, the Academy said the pair were receiving the award for “for improvements to auction theory and inventions of new auction formats”. They will equally share the 10 million Swedish kronor award money — roughly Rs 8.33 crore.
- Explained: What is Blue Flag certification, awarded to eight Indian beaches?(IE) The beaches to get the Blue Flag tag are selected by an eminent international jury, which comprises members of the UN Environment Programme, UN World Tourism Organization, Foundation for Environmental Education and IUCN.
GS3 Science & Technology
- Gene editing, the good first and then the worries(TH) With the Chemistry Nobel thrusting CRISPR-Cas9 into the limelight, India needs guidelines for gene-editing research.
- Trifed in Collaboration with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT, Kanpur to Launch “Tech for Tribals Initiative” Tomorrow(PIB) TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs in collaboration with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT, Kanpur will be launching Tech for Tribals initiative tomorrow. The program titled “Tech for Tribals” aims at the holistic development of tribals with a focus on entrepreneurship development, soft skills, IT, and business development through SHGs operating through Van Dhan Kendras (VDVKs).
- NITI Aayog Announces Governing Structure of India Energy Modelling Forum (PIB) India and the US have a long-standing collaboration on energy. The Sustainable Growth pillar, one of the four of the US–India SEP, is being chaired by NITI Aayog and USAID. This pillar brings together Indian and USresearchers and decision-makers to collaborate in three focal areas: energy data management;energy modelling, andpromotion of low carbon technologies.