- Can the right to work be made real in India? (TH) In India, we don’t have a constitutional right to work. But what we do have is MGNREGA. This is a step in the direction of a right to work, but it is a statutory right.
GS2: International Relations
- India, ASEAN to expand trade despite RCEP walkout (TH) Narendra Modi said that there are many similarities between India’s ‘Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative’ and ASEAN’s ‘Outlook on Indo-Pacific’.
- Finance Minister announces measures on AatmaNirbhar Bharat 3.0(PIB); AatmaNirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana:A new scheme to incentivize job creation during COVID-19 recovery has been launched. If EPFO-registered establishments take in new employees without EPFO registration or those who lost jobs earlier, the Yojana will benefit these employees.
- Govt. rolls out ₹1.19 lakh crore stimulus(TH) Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan 3.0 includes scheme to incentivise new recruitment.
- Explained: What is a technical recession? (IE) Latest RBI bulletin projects contraction for a second consecutive quarter, which means the economy is in a ‘technical recession’. What does it mean, and how is it different from a ‘recession’ and a ‘recessionary phase’?
GS3: "Internal Security
- Explained: A look at Kalvari class of submarines and its strategic significance (IE) The Kalvari-class submarines have capability of operating in a wide range of Naval combat including anti-warship and anti-submarine operations, intelligence gathering and surveillance and naval mine laying.
- India can push up renewable energy the most after COVID-19: EIA (DTE) Renewable energy has been one sector that has been resilient amid economic shock generated due to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic; and India is expected to gain handsomely. The country may contribute the most towards pushing the sector up in 2021, according to the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) new report, Renewables 2020 — Analysis and forecast to 2025.
- Mangrove coverage is declining, but there is hope, flags study (DTE) Mangroves provide valuable ecosystem services, including carbon sequestration, coastal protection and habitat provision for a plethora of organisms.The provision of ecosystem services is highly dependent on the composition of mangrove species assemblages, the loss of species diversity can have dramatic economic and environmental consequences for coastal communities.