GS2 : Polity
- Do numbers matter in Rajya Sabha?(TH) Partnership between Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha has been guided by cooperation, despite their divergent composition.
- Parliamentary panel questions dilution of labour laws(TH) Committee Chairman and BJD leader Bhartruhari Mahtab said any amendments to the law would need legislative sanction.
GS2 : Health
- India may miss nutrition targets(Global Nutrition Report)(TH) According to the Global Nutrition Report 2020, India will miss targets for all four nutritional indicators for which there is data available, i.e. stunting among under-5 children, anaemia among women of reproductive age, childhood overweight and exclusive breastfeeding.
GS2: International Relations
- India caught in U.S.China spat over Taiwan’s status at WHO(TH) Jaishankar attends seven-nation meet on UN body
- Italy, India and a common thread in partnership(TH) Both countries have opportunities to support a multilateral system which would aid the battle against the pandemic.
- PM announces ₹20 lakh crore economic stimulus package(TH) It will focus on self-reliance; lockdown to continue with significant changes.
- Industrial output contracts by a record 16.7% in Mar; shrink 0.7% for full FY20 For the full financial year 2019-20, the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) recorded a contraction of 0.7 per cent as against 3.8 per cent growth in the previous year.
- Ministry of MSME Launches CHAMPIONS Portal www.Champions.gov.in(PIB)As the name suggests, the portal is basically for making the smaller units big by solving their grievances, encouraging, supporting, helping and handholding. It is a real one-stop-shop solution of MSME Ministry.
GS3: Science & Technology
- Aarogya data only for health needs, to be deleted in 180 days(IE) The Aarogya Setu Data Access and Knowledge Sharing Protocol released on Monday states that the personal data of the app's user, which includes contacts and location, must be permanently deleted after 180 days “from the date on which it is collected”, and data can only be used for health purposes.
India needs a 30-fold increase in renewable energy, 30-fold increase in nuclear energy and doubling of thermal energy, making 70% of energy carbon-free: Dr. Anil Kakodkar(PIB) he explained about the correlation between Human Development Index (HDI) and Per Capita Energy Consumption all over the world. As per the statistics, countries with higher HDI where citizens enjoy high quality of life have higher per capita consumption of energy.