- "Explained: How Vijayanagara became Karnataka’s 31st district (IE) - After context cover historical importance of the city" Many within the ruling BJP had criticised the move in 2019, stating the decision to create a new district was being taken under pressure from Singh, in return for his role in BJP coming to power.
- "TIFAC unveils two new initiatives of Technology —SAKSHAM (Shramik Shakti Manch)- a dynamic job portal for mapping the skills of Shramiks vis-à-vis requirements of MSMEs and a Seaweed Mission forcommercial farming of seaweeds and its processing for value addition (PIB)" Two new initiatives of Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) —SAKSHAM (Shramik Shakti Manch)- a dynamic job portal for mapping the skills of Shramiks vis-à-vis requirements of MSMEs to directly connect Shramiks with MSMEs and facilitate placement of 10 lakh blue-collar jobs and a Seaweed Mission for commercial farming of seaweeds and its processing for value addition towards boosting national economy were launched on the occasion of the 34th Foundation Day celebrations yesterday.
- Is India’s Digital Services Tax discriminatory? (TH) India has said that the DST does not have extra-territorial application as it applies only on the revenue generated from the country.
- Parliament today passes landmark Major Port Authorities Bill,2020 (PIB) The Bill is more compact in comparison to the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963 as the number of sections has been reduced to 76 from 134 by eliminating overlapping and obsolete Sections.
- India at the center of world energy stage, will experience gains: IEA director (DTE) - Findings of the report The report stated that as China moves towards a service-based economy, India could pivot its growth in the energy sector
GS3: Science and Tech
- Explained: What next for China’s first Mars mission? (IE) On Wednesday, China’s Tianwen-1 mission successfully entered the orbit of Mars, making it the first time for a Chinese mission to be able to successfully make a journey to another planet.
- Explained: Why a Parliamentary Panel thinks India may miss the 5G bus (IE) Though the DoT informed the committee that there could be some roll out of the 5G network in late 2021 or early 2022, it would mostly be only in very selected areas where the demand would justify the capital expenditure.