- Questions over FCRA nod for PM CARES(TH) The PM CARES Fund has received exemption from all provisions of the law meant to regulate foreign donations, although it does not seem to meet the pre-condition of being a body established and owned by the government whose accounts are audited by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG).
GS2: International Relations
- Glimmer of hope: On India-China five-point consensus(TH) . Each point, outlined in a joint statement, has been affirmed previously by the two neighbours, both in past boundary agreements and in talks held since June that have failed to de-escalate tensions.
GS3: Issues related to Agriculture
- 3 ordinances & a protest:Why are Haryana farmers angry? (IE) The opposition by farmer groups in Punjab and Haryana, too, is primarily to the first ordinance that allows sale and purchase of crops to take place outside state government-regulated APMC (Agricultural Produce Market Committee) mandis.
- Fees must for forest use,Mines Ministry told (NPA Value)(TH) This relaxation was necessary because of a change in the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Act, which was amended in 2015. The key change is that, unlike in previous years when mining leases were extended every 20 years, new leases would be issued for 50 years and they would be made available via an auction.
- Sebi imposes limits on Multi-cap fund investments (IE) The market regulator, in a circular issued on Friday, has specified that minimum investment in equity and equity-related instruments of large-, mid- and small-cap companies should be minimum 25 per cent each of total assets.
- FM says India lost dominant position bulk drug export mkt due to predatory pricing’ (IE) This includes calls to set up bulk drug parks as well as a Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme to build self reliance in over 50 critical active pharmaceutical ingredients, including penicillin G, vitamin B1, dexamethasone, meropenem, atorvastatin and aspirin.
- Gujarat,Andaman & Nicobar Islands best in providing strong startup ecosystem (IE) According to the second edition of the State’s Startup Ranking report, Karnataka and Kerala followed Gujarat as ‘top’ performers, while Chandigarh emerged as the ‘leader’ in the ranks after Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
GS3: Science & Technology
- NASA set to pay firms for mining resources on Moon (IE) When considering such proposals, we will require that all actions be taken in a transparent fashion, in full compliance with the Registration Convention, Article II and other provisions of the Outer Space Treaty, and all of our other international obligations.
- PM to dedicate to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar (PIB) Prime Minister will dedicate to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar on 13th September, via video conferencing. The projects include the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project and two LPG Bottling Plants. They have been commissioned by IndianOil and HPCL, PSUs under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.